when developing my final idea for this i used coffee ring mugs for the imagery and did marbling by hand , after this i then transferred it in to Photoshop when i cleaned up the lines and colours . overall im happy with my final design i think ti fits the brief well and uses the eco-twist that the company required .
Its the end of semester 2 and looking back at where i started to where i am now the change is incredible , my skill set of the last semester has grew drastically as well as refining skills i had learnt previously . Though there has been times i was stressing at project this term iv now learnt better time management and knowing when to be fully focused on your work . Looking through my sketchbooks im overall happy with the work i have produced though i look forward in taking my skill set further and learning more .
Exploratory media final print
Metal wire sculptures
Contextual studies – replica piece
Cluster of life drawing examples
My final exhibition piece has turned out very successfully. In particular I like my final print for exploratory media.
orporate id – design 3
When reading the brief before starting my development process I did research for ecofriendly company’s that all had circular or triangular shaped logos and as I had already produced a circular logo I wanted to experiment with triangles . When looking at triangles I took inspiration from tattoos where I then developed the forest theme .
When developing my idea I wanted to keep it monochromatic due to its imagery I felt color could be too busy within the design as well when it came to sixing the image down it would still be legible .
I mainly drew from had with this design however when it came to refining the design I used photoshop to clean up the lines however I feel through this process I lost the look I wanted from this design I fell its too simple and doesn’t portray the eco friendly ” honest” feel I was going for to reflect the brief .
Though at first with the had rendered design I thought the design could have potential for a final piece however now im swaying away from it though I would like to work on it more to see if I can recover some detail I lost through using photoshop .
Corporate id – design 2
Design two was initial a mistake , It was developed from a font I was developing for my previous design however I felt the text was far to bold and wouldn’t work with my design . After deciding to take this font on further into a design of its own I went on to make a Lino cut for the text .
With the Lino cut I felt I achieved a strong industrial looking type logo which had a slight border around the letters with specks going through the design giving it an edgy feel to it .
I’m not sure if this deign would be developed any further due to I feel although the design stands on its own and personally I enjoy I also feel that I have strayed away from the brief as in feel it’s less eco-friendly and more industrial .
Design one –
When reading the brief for honest apparel I wanted to tie in imagery or at least give of the feeling of ecotivity which the company said they were looking for in the brief . The idea originally for this design came from coffee rings that I saw on my desk that once developed became my initial shape , using this I added a select few colors such as green and yellow with the addition of black for text .When choosing my color scheme I wanted to stick to nature or earth tones to keep with ” honest apparel’s ” eco agenda as well as staying within the brief guidelines so using no more than four colors including black . As Honest Apparel asked also in their brief for a simple logo that ties in with the company’s eco twist, this is why I choose t keep the enclosed circular shape with text through the center .
My process for the development for this design was mainly perfecting the shape of the ring mark however after settling on a shape I then started experimenting with color. through development I found myself using techniques such as marbling as well as using masking fluid .
I fell this design has definite potential to go on and be developed further for my final logo design due to its modern look and eco coloring to tie in to ” Honest Apparels ” eco twist .
Model making for final design –
clay pot ( brest ashtray ) –